Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cold reception

People are funny creatures. Over the last few months, I've learned to recognize a look I get from folks when they see me show up someplace with my helmet in hand. It's that look that expresses a multitude of thoughts all at once, including, "wow, that guy's committed!" all the way to "wow, that guy should be committed!"

Most folks don't get it, but I'm noticing that more people are beginning to understand. With regular gas at over three dollars, folks are once again pondering the wisdom of alternative transportation.

For myself, I'm happily buzzing along despite the cold. My chill-busting outfit makes all the difference and I'm content to ride to work, despite the nip in the air. The scoot takes a bit longer to warm up, but it's well worth it just to be outdoors, instead of cooped up in a vehicle recycling the same air I've already breathed a hundred times.

It's certainly one way to know you're alive.

No comments: