Thursday, April 15, 2010

Planting time


It's that frenetic yet paradoxically peaceful time of year when every living thing is actively pursuing the furtherance of their particular species. Trees are abloom, insects are buzzing about, there is a pair of mallards that are scoping out a nesting site in one of the gardens at work, and the Amish are plowing their fields using the same methods they have for centuries.

Unfortunately, my good camera seems to have given up the ghost, so I am stuck with the 2MP* camera on my phone, but if one looks closely, just a bit to the left of center, there is a dark brownish blob on the lighter brown of the field. That blob is an Amishman with his team of mules, plowing a furrow.

It was a brisk morning which made the ride very pleasant as I took the long way home from work. I still find that peaceful rides in the countryside are more enjoyable on the scooter. The smaller vehicle does not come with the temptation to goose the throttle and rocket up to 65mph in the span of a few heartbeats. It allows one to take a peaceful ride, unencumbered by the need for greater velocity, and unimpeded by the pop and growl of loud tailpipes.

4 comments:

David said...

wow.. a 2 GP camera, and it's inferior?? I didn't even know they made such things. What was your good one then anyway?

Scootin' Fool said...

Yeah yeah. Hush you!

hehe.

I had a nice 10.2MP camera. but it just stopped working. No idea.

Anyway, the cam on my phone is 2MP, and I corrected the post.

kz1000st said...

"The smaller vehicle does not come with the temptation to goose the throttle and rocket up to 65mph in the span of a few heartbeats."

As much as I enjoy riding the scooter Paul gassing the throttle and rocketing up to 65 mph makes my heart beat. That's not to mention tossing the bike into corners at that speed.

Scootin' Fool said...

Oh, sure, you won't get any argument from me on that, but then, lower speeds also mean fewer speeding tickets. :D