Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ephrata First Sunday Ride-In: March 2010

The riding season has started, and with it, the First Sunday Ride-Ins in Ephrata. I was there at about 9:00 am, and there were perhaps fifty other bikes there already. I took the Sabre since it was finally promising to be warm enough to ride it comfortably.

When I left my house, it was 32 degrees, and my right thumb was numb by the time I arrived in Ephrata. The promise of a warm day had not yet been realized, but the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The Sabre Growled to life and rumbled off down the road without any complaint, itching to stretch her legs after a winter of innactivity.

I only saw three scooters this morning, one of which was the Vespa 300 Super belonging to Gerry from ScootLancaster. One rider had a Piaggio BV-250 that he had repainted a brilliant shade of blue. It was quite eye catching, though I'm not sure I would have used the same shade of blue myself.

The Sabre seemed to draw a lot of attention. I was somewhat surprized, but I had several people admiring her lines and asking questions about her. I knew, yet again, that I had chosen well when purchasing Natasha last September.

I hung out a bit with the CMA folks, and looked around a bit, and finally left for church around 10:15. It was refreshing to spend time with other motorcycles, and it felt good to see my bike getting lots of positive attention.

Here's the photos I took this morning:

No comments: