Sunday, March 14, 2010

Close calls

Riding season is here in force, though delayed for a couple days due to rain, for casual riders at least. The temperatures have been in the 50's and 60's, making the riding much more fun.


Unfortunately, the idiot cagers are still out there. I've had more close calls in the last week than I had all winter. Early last week, for instance, I was riding the scoot home from work, traveling along 722 where it meets airport road just outside Neffsville, and watched as a light colored minivan blasted right through the stop sign, without slowing, and turned left in front of me (coming in from the right, on a corner).


View Larger Map

I was headed west, and the minivan came in from the north, right in front of me. I countersteered and laid on the horn all at once, but the only response I recieved was a blank stare. I can't believe how idiotic some people are.

I even had a close call in a 1997 Dodge 15 passenger van. It is one of the largest passenger vehicles on the road (short of a bus), and yet, an idiot pulled out in front of me, coming off 222 south onto 272 south. I had to brake hard to avoid him. Thankfully I had no residents in the vehicle with me.

So, to all my readers, happy riding, and stay safe. Remember, the guy in that SUV on the side road...He's out for blood.

No comments: