Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autumn doldrums




First off, I would like to apologize to my readers for not posting in a while. With my wife's illness I had retreated into a bit of a personal funk. It has been hard for me to do anything due to feelings of depression and outright hopelessness.

I have been riding though, and from time to time I still stop to take a picture of the scoot. The bushes in the photo above were so stunning I could not help myself.


I'm a little irritated that this picture didn't come out so well. The sky behind me was striking, but I think I should have turned off the scoot to eliminate mirror vibration prior to taking the pic.

To add more to my busy life, the home I work for moved to a new facility on Tuesday. The gentlemen in the home seem to be settling in, but it has been stressful for all of the staff, myself included.

I'm still waiting for a call from the local Honda dealer about the Elite 11o. They are running into issues with PennDOT since the scoots are apparently made in China and have an "L" vin. I've read conflicting reports about the quality of the scoots from different sources. I'm itching to see one for myself so I can make my own assessment.

2 comments:

kz1000st said...

That first picture of the Honda is really nice. Too bad somebody parked a scooter in front of it. I went out on the scooter a few times but here in the Southern Tier of New York all of our leaves are gone and it's hovering in the mid to low forty degree mark. Not bad for a short trip to the grocery store but longer rides tend to be nippy. Of course where you live the sun shines during the day so that helps warm things up. Mostly cloudy is the order of the day until May from now on.

Lee said...

Hang in there, Paul.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you read my blog, you will see that I'm going through a similar situation. My wife is not going to make it much longer.
As far as the scooter, and job, I can say that there are some neat scooters out there, but I like my Helix. My next two wheeler will be a full size cycle, preferably with full fairing and touring capability. I want to take some long rides. The Helix is good for two hours, and then I need an iron butt to continue.
The job market is lousy, and I need to find something full time because my wife won't be able to work much longer. We switched roles when my son needed more help than she could give him, so it's going to be tough to find something after being a part timer all these years.
Good luck.