Thursday, October 28, 2010

I got it covered

It's been a while since my last post. Unfortunately, life has been busy, and a little depressing. I still ride the scoot a lot, and the Sabre too, though the scoot has been getting more use what with the cooler weather. A fairing is a nice thing to have.

I'd had the scoot uncovered for a while due to the cover acting like a sail in the wind. I've had to replace enough broken parts due to falls, so I recently had a local amishman make a custom cover...


Well...two actually.


The pair of covers works rather well, and has allowed me to go out to a dry seat and non-cloudy mirrors for two days in a row now. Since the covers are fitted for both the front and the back of my specific scooter, they work perfectly and the wind has little extra fabric to get a grip on, so the scoot should be less likely to blow over.

There are gromets along the bottom as well, to tie the cover in place with bungees or twine, or whatever.

This will also make seat cleaning a snap once the snow flies...Just pop the cover off, and off we go...Though I'll have to clean off the floorboard.

All in all, I'm pleased with the cover. It has worked well since I picked it up on Tuesday, and despite the cost, it will protect my investment from the elements.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul:

I've never seen a 2 pc cover before but it does make sense. you don't get the "sail" in the middle. You should go into production

bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin