Monday, May 17, 2010

Safely back to PA.

The ride home was uneventful, which is a good thing. The engine temp remained low, only rising when we would come to a stop.

We were told we would hit rain, but it didn't hit until we got to Lancaster County, which was, again, a good thing. It's a lot cooler here than it was up north, strangely enough, but this spring has been up and down with the weather.

Sometime this week I will need to take Natasha to the Honda dealer to get some radiator hose of the correct diameter to stop the cold leak that she has.

I'll write some more later. I am going to spend some time with my son.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Glad to see you're posting again,Paul.
I enjoy reading of your escapades.
My Helix died on me and she will be sitting in the garage the entire summer unless I win the lottery.I did get a few good rides in before she blew. I'll send her to Lancaster Honda by the end of the summer for a diagnosis, and prognosis before getting her repaired. I had toyed with selling her and still may do so.
Oh, BTW, did you see that dumb sign up in Harrisburg about watching out for bikers?
It says "Ride Alive", not "Arrive Alive" as it should.
Write on and ride on!

David said...

glad you guys had a safe and enjoyable trip. must have been quite the adventure for the li'l guy.

kz1000st said...

Let's see, 1980s Honda has dry rotting radiator hose? Might be time to replace all of them. Some could be had cheap at the local auto parts store. Otherwise you might find out what they go for from your friendly Honda dealer.

Scootin' Fool said...

I don't think it was dry rot. It wasn't a very old hose, but it had a nick in it, which is where the leak was coming from.

The other hoses are in good condition as well. I may change them out anyway, but I don't really have the money for extra repairs at the moment.